"i would do everything i could to beat him. if he hands me something, i didn't win it. it's that simple. and if i were a sponsor, i would want to be associated with a racer who races as hard as they can every run, and win or lose, they shake hands and act in a civilized and sportsman-like manor. the nhra and the sponsors have allowed good sportmanship and magnanimity to take a back seat to sensation and profit."

There is a much bigger life issue at stake here than who wins or loses a race...or a championship, for that matter. I've been wealthy, bankrupt, in great health and on my death bed....and always drummed home this fact to my kids.....it means nothing if you didn't earn it. You gain nothing by having something handed to you. I am not sure that I would want to be associated with a company that would expect me to do that. To be frank, my unwillingness to compromise these ideas has probably cost me a lot of money over the years. But, I don't regret it.

I have been told I am a dinosaur....maybe that's true. Maybe my ideas of integrity are passe', but, I think that it is the most important thing one can learn. When everything else is all gone, your integrity is all that you have.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com