Quote:

Well, I guess that I think that "bending the rules" to beat someone is one thing....but deliberately throwing a race is different.

That's just the way I see it.

By the way, Jack's SuperBird is still in existence. He's tried to buy it back, but the guy wants a fortune for it.

Steve Kanuika had a number of speed shops in the Philly-NJ area. Your dad's pic could have been taken at Maple Grove, Atco, Englishtown, or any number of the drag strips in that area. Some of them are no longer around.

i think it was vineland...?
i used to remember everyword of that story..
but its been 30yrs since ive heard it utterd..
Fred...i seem to remember the wheel base was moved as well...it had staggard front wheels..
i remember something about how after Jack bailed he didnt put the car imediately onto the trailer
he walked back to the lanes to watch and the "higher ups" gave him a scalding..and told him to get that car loaded up and outahere..!
see ...a great story i tell ya...
by the Way Steve K. came with us to Carlisle in 07 had to twist his arm though...he's kinda a Chevy guy....lol

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]