You guys really dont think this is new...do you?
Manifest destiny ...happens all the time.
i can tell you 2nd hand about a race that took place at Atco in 70...i believe..
the week before Indy..
Mopar showed up with a superbird that had a lead wing,tripple thick back window.and a transmission set up to neutral drop....
they wanted to test it out for the next weeks battle at Indy..
this superbird was a "wringer" just so they could put out a car in the field and give mopar the advantage..
i have to look up the facts..as its been along time ago...but i think it was Jenkins they where trying to beat..
\they did their best to manipulate the et during time trials....to line up against him early..
take him out...then go red next round and trailer the car..so no one was the wiser..
as a caviat he was gonna go red in the superbird but ended up with a .00 light so he drove it almost onto the grass ....to guarantee the loss.
made for a pretty damn good story to tell the youngands...and IMHO...so was this saga..
a new story to tell my grandchildren.
some of you old timers know just who i am talking about 5-50
cheapst....

beat them to the finish line..and that will be all the talkin you need to do..FWIW !!!!

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]