Paul.......Good points.........

On a paint daub resto, those guys typically aren't interested in performace anyway.......so a stock replacement, Bob K's, or even a mild hydraulic cam is fine.....but, if you want performance, and you're not racing Pure Stock, you typically rebuild your motor with Ross or Diamond or Keith Black pistons.......They typically have pockets deep enough to accept .750 lift........so why would you limit yourself to .450 lift? If your heads flow 230CFM at .400 or even .500 lift, then why not have more lift to allow that much flow for a longer period of time?

BTW, Stockers sure get a lot of duration in their cams.......but it takes angle milling the heads to get the P/V clearance needed....

Solids are legal in FAST..... Have you heard Sandbagger's car idle? The valve train noise is barely noticeable.......and contrary to what most people think, solids aren't a maintenance nightmare, as long as you have a nice valve job........Look at slant 6's and Cummins motors.........

No, I don't think it's a big deal to make those cars run 12's on bias tires, on a properly prepped track.......10 years ago I was going 13.0's @ 105 with a low compressoin el cheopo rebuild A12 automatic Bee, stock converter, and stock replacement cam on a typical Tulsa prepped track, which isn't too impressive.......

The only time I raced it here, Chris's car went 12.20's @ 112 spinning on a set of wore out drag radials........it's a stock motor with the exception of J&E pistons and a small custom ground solid cam......It has not had years and years of fine tuning......no tricky stuff......not even a jet change........Chris's car ran 13.0's @ 106 at Lebanon at a FAST race (I'd built the car before I'd ever heard of FAST).......that was the first time I'd driven that car on bias tires......I'd just bolted them on the day before leaving to go there.......I was bumbed that the MPH wasn't where I expected it to be.......I was hoping to be running low 12's/high 11's @ 115MPH.......(I'm not one to do a lot of work on my cars at the track. I believe in working on them at home, and then going to the track to see what happens)......I knew there was more MPH in it, so when I got home, I uncapped the exhaust and that's when it ran 112MPH.........Chris's changed the muffs since then......

I don't remember talking to you at the Nat's Are you sure I said something of that nature? Refresh my memory.....When and where did we talk? Did you have a car there that I'd remember? .........I must be getting old....

I haven't posted anything about that cam not being durable.......that was someone else......

Merry Christmas to you too.....