The taper is designed to allow the lifters to rotate/spin in the bores. Danny is correct in that from my understanding, the higher spring pressures involved with the A12(specially selected cam), it was found necessary to reduce the taper for increased longevity. The cam speced out like a 440-4V cam, and of course, had a 3 bolt timing gear.

As far as Bob is concerned, who cares why he wants the specs to be proprietary. As has been stated before, it is a simple task to spec the cam out, and if you really want to know and you don't have the know how or tools to do it, I would be willing to bet that any competent machinist would be willing to do it for you. The cam is a proven design/profile. I didn't get a chance to see Bob's "posse" at Martin, but the reports are that the cars were running particularly strong. I have a certain long term respect for the guy, watching him duke it out with Jim Mino and his 68 'Bird in the old days. I was running a Pontiac at the time and was amazed at how well he got that Bee running.

I gotta laugh at some who have said Bob is in it for the money or that the cam is "twice that price that it should be". With the amount of handholding the guy does, it's probably priced too cheap.

Merry X mas to all!

Mike