Ok Wayne,

I'll bite, using a solid lifter cam on a paint daub, dated coded or even nice stock or stock appearing car why would you want a solid lifter cam??? Who wants to hear the valvetrain and even if you wanted to race in say Fast or purestock its a No and for a restored show car that would turn me off to hear solids ticking away, really really kills the theme of stock, redlines and all!

Hydro Roller, yes they have a fast ramp, are you sure that a fast ramp is what you need??? (I'll let you figure that one out) also in a stock or near stock 69 440 six pack if you used a hydro roller with the same duration (idle quailty)you might be able to get .040 more lift before you would be marginal on your piston to valve clearance and I'll say in reallity .030 would be closer, and even with .040 you would pick up minimal duration, almost none but some, also with only .040 of lift how much do you think your going to gain on an unported set of heads, go ahead type it into desktop dyno or anylizer it would be minimal and the cost of the hydo roller cam and lifters would be outragious campaired to Bobs cam, so your wasting a whole lot of cash, and time,remember this would be an untried combo, and at best you would accomplish the same, remember this is a stock or Nhra specked 69 440 or close to stock, no porting ,no aftermarket notched pistons, true flattops!!
Wayne notice the wording I'm using STOCK,NHRA specks or very close to stock when you go this route you dont have the piston to valve clearance to get big lift its minamal, you wouldnt see a big gain if any and you just brokethe bank on your budget.

Wayne when we talked at Nats years ago you make it sound like its some kind of Voodoo or special tricks to run mid 12's on redlines its not,not at all!!!, your very sceptical both then and now, There is a guy who has been doing this 35 plus years and hes put out his combo and then theres always guys who dont believe it and put together a better more expensive combo to successfly slow down and wrench on them more!

To the post above about duriburibilty, everybody thats running one of Bobs cams on this board street drives there car, Jim(Hillybilly kid) Steve(Kidd Six) Jim S and many many others oh yes and my Super Bee, also my Challenger has a ring and bearing slam motor in it that was done in 1995 with 20,000 street miles and over 2000 dragstrip passes on it, still has the orignal cam it was assembled with in 95!!! My Sixteen year old son just ran it at the High School Nats on goodyear polyglass tires went a best of 12.49 eleven years after that motor was put together! Dont think duribilty is an issue. Many Many people use this cam as a six pack resto cam in trailer queen restos, aloha resto has used them in the past in customers cars.

Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!
Paul M Petcou