Quote:

Don't forget what forum you're in - not too many people here wanting other than the stock sound and appearance. Common sense tells me a pure stock cam would work really well on the street too.

Not that I'm a pure stock racer or even that knowleable about their cams but my understanding is that they have to meet certain lift and duration requirements to be "legal". What you then do is try to get as much "area under the curve" as possible to get more mixture into the cylinders and therefore make more power. This forces you to design a cam lobe that might not be ideal from a stabilty/longevity point because it must open and close real fast. Valve spring pressures must be correct to prevent valve float and or bouncing off the seat due to the extreem lobe design. You end up trading stability for horsepower because afterall it is a race cam. My common sense tells me that although this would work on the street, that it might not be the best choice you could make especially if you drive a lot of miles.