Paul,

I'll be the first to tell you that I'm a long way from being a camshaft expert......but I do understand the basics......unlike the majority of people on this board (which is fine, that's what this board is for).......and even I wouldn't recommend a camshaft to anyone......but if I were going to, it wouldn't be a hydraulic.......

I never said that there's a better cam for Pure Stock....I said, and I quote myself;

Quote:

The fact is, there is absolutely no reason to run his cam unless you're trying to slip by Pure Stock tech....There are much better grinds out there that will make more power and idle just as smooth.....

That means, sure, it's a great cam for someone that wants to pass Pure Stock, but it appears to me that the guy that started this thread is not building a car to be competitive at the Pure Stocks, so what I'm getting at is, if you call Porter or Scot at Straightline and tell them you've got a bone stock or blue printed motor (and you're not trying to be competitive at the Pure Stock races), they're not going to recommend a repro cam or even anything with stock lift........So why are all these people recommending the Mr. Six Pack cam to people with relatively stock motors when they don't even know the specs and probably know very little about camshafts anyway???

I didn't mean to sound like I was bashing Bob, I've met him too and his always been nice..... I'm just having a hard time getting past the reasoning behind not giving the specs when anyone like you and Tom can figure it out anyway......

PS......Does anyone have one that they can send me so I can measure it and post the numbers so we can get past all this???