OK, back to the story in the staging lanes. The lane directer guy must have had a change of heart, maybe because I was calm and respectful in the face of his bad news for me. But for whatever reason, he came back to my coupe after several cars from the other lane had been sent up towards the front, and he directed me to pull ahead past the other cars, and I got in line right behind Joe Castiglione and Mopar Billy! Yippie, I wasn't going to have to wait for the whole other line of cars!

So when I got staged, and the tree flashed its green, I sat there getting the RPM just right, then dumped the clutch and rolled into the gas. the car launched a bit soft, but the bog was almost gone, and I was rewarded with a 10.17 at 137. Best mph ever, and the best ET since Atlanta testing before I started leaning it out. After I picked up the time slip, I was anxious to hit the road. Heavy rains were predicted for this afternoon. Remembering the terror of driving in the rain on these slicks back on monday, I wanted to get ahead of it.

Video of the pass and Mopar Billy too

10.17 timeslip Charlotte.jpg