Tuesday morning we were ready to check out of the hotel and head to the track at about 7:30. The Trunk Monkey was all chipper and ready for another pleasant day of relaxing. whistling

A quick check of the internet Tuesday morning told me the day 1 results for the Hot Rod class. I was in 4th place out of 9 cars with my 10.22 @134.7 .
Leading the field after day one was Mark Fisher with his 1932 Ford Truck, who ran a best of 10.024 at 131.99. The old Ford runs a big block chev.

In 2nd place, by .004 seconds at 10.028 @ 130.49 was Timothy Hall with a 1947 International KB-1 pickup. The corn binder six has been replaced with a dual quad, tunnel rammed SBC.

Capturing 3rd place was the 10.14 @ 129 mph of Richard Abbot in his 1930 Dodge coupe. Richard runs a W2 mopar small block.

I was hoping that today I could advance to top 3 by attaining my goal of 9.99. I had been leaning out the main jets a little at a time, and as I did, the mph was picking up, but a bog had developed right after the launch, hurting the ET. I had a much better MPH than my competitors, but I had to get the first half of the track dialed in a lot better.