Jim Forbes, AKA "Squirrel" Made it to Drag Week after an epic 10 month thrash to build his Altered wheelbase AFX barracuda (Or is it a Valient?)
Squirrels build thread

Squirrels car wasn't done when he arrived at Atlanta after the long tow from Arizona, so he was thrashing away finishing last minute tasks. Since the car was completely untested, Drag Week 2018 would be a test & tune for him.

After my 1st pass on Monday got aborted due to launching with the fuel pump off, I rolled right back into the staging lanes without stopping. My dutiful trunk monkey met me in the lanes and topped off the gas. The Hemi Coupe has a little 3 gallon tank for the race fuel, and a 17 gallon for pump gas. I like to race with the street tank almost empty, and the race tank almost full.

Lined up in front of me was Matt Donovans 41 Pontiac. When I pulled up behind it, I noticed the car had a name painted on the deck lid: "Garbage that Barfed". puke
I thought that was a strange name for a car. Later, I found out that Lohnes and Frieberger, while announcing the race last year, had ridiculed the looks of the rat rod by saying it looked like garbage that barfed. Hence the name on the deck lid for 2018.

The chevy 2 behind me is who I lined up with going down the track. Lonnie Grimm, the Drag Week Warden, had closed the lanes for the morning class car session just a handful of cars behind us. We were among the last pairs before Street Machine Eliminator started. I was so glad that I didn't stop in the pits!
I was extra careful on the 2nd pass not to screw anything up. No way did I want to wait till the afternoon session to make a pass. Reaction dosen't matter at Drag Week, so I took my time staging and launching, making sure everything was right.

Video monday 2nd pass