I was actually very relieved when I looked out the back window and saw a trail of oil, thinking Jeff probably didn’t tighten the plug. And that would be an easy fix. We looked under the car, and the drain plug was still tight in the pan. There was no oil showing on the sight glass on the side of the oil pan, it was empty.
A little further investigating revealed that it was leaking at the oil filter base. I went back to the trash and found the old oil filter. Sure enuff, there was no gasket on it. The old gasket must have stuck to the hemi, and a 2 gasket stack will definitely leak! We pushed the car back to our work area and removed the filter, removed the extra gasket, and put the filter back on, then dumped the last 7 quarts of my Valvoline VR-1 oil in. About this time Jeff pointed out the security camera on the building that was aimed right at us, meaning that this whole escapade would be viewed by Walmart security. I wondered if I should go in and buy some kitty litter and clean up the mess. No it was too late, and we were too tired. So what if they send me a bill for a cleanup, at least I don't have to deal with it now. I fired up the ol’ Hemi, Jeff checked for leaks, then finally headed for the hotel at 11:30.

Last edited by Hemi_Joel; 12/27/18 05:50 PM.