Well, thankfully the temp came down quickly, it never leaked another drop, and I never engaged the controller again. I am still not sure where the water came from, but it must have come out of the vent hole on the overflow tank.
Doing 80 or so on the freeway, we were passing a lot of drag week cars. Some of them have deep gears, no overdrive, and cruise along at 55 or so.

Then my wife Sheila phoned, and she was worried about the hurricane. The day that Jeff and I had left Minnesota for Drag Week, she caught a plane to Greensboro, NC, to visit her friend Penny. They were planning to drive to Charlotte Tuesday, have dinner with us when we got there, and watch the racing at Z-Max on Wednesday, Then she was going to fly home on Friday. This was going to be really cool, because she has never been to a drag race before.
But now, with hurricane Florence approaching, she heard that they might close the airport, and then she would be stranded in NC, in the path of the storm. I told her to call the airline, and change her flight to the soonest she could get. If it meant missing the race, so be it.