Good stuff, thanks!

On the roght of the cockpit are a pair of Innovate MTX-L air/fuel ratio gauges. With 8 carbs and 16 main jets to keep track of and get dialed in, I consider them essential. I still did some plug reading to verify results. The plan was to use the in car Gopro camera to record the gauges, and use it like a data logger. But there must be some incompatibility between the shutter speed of the camera and the cycle speed of the gauge display, be cause even though they are reasonably steady and readable with the naked eye, on the video playback is is bad.
When I first started driving the car down the track, everything seemed to move so fast it was kind of a blur, and all of my focus was on getting the car to end of the track. I didn't yet feel comfortable enuff to look down at the gauges at WOT on the big end of the track. So with the camera failure, I din't know the A/F ratio. But then after I got comfortable with the car during drag week, and I was becoming more aware of how the car felt and drove, I started taking a quick glance down just before the stripe. I could see the A/F ratio was in the mid 9's. Way to rich! I think about 12.7 - 13 is best for making power. So I started leaning out the mains a little at a time, and as I did, the MPH was going up. But at the same time, my E.T. was falling off.
Eventually I realized that as I leaned out the mains, an off-the-line bog was developing, killing the 60' time.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"