Dale Gephardt had showed up with the new car this year, a tube chassis duster that landed him in the unlimited class. His opening shot at Atlanta had been an 8.76 at 165! He dropped into the low nines at Darlington, but redeemed himself today with an 8.95 at 160.
Mopar Billy was back with his small block powered, Kelvinator white 62 valiant. Unfortunately on Monday he had to take a 20 second default time slip because he didn’t make it up to the starting line before it started raining. He was none too happy about that! But he came back swinging, spraying his way to a 9.83 and a 9.66 at Darlington and Charlotte, respectively.

Tom Bailey with his "Sick Seconds" Camaro was leading unlimited with an astounding string of sixes. 6.73, 6.67, and at Charlotte is 6.65 at 219 mph!

And meanwhile, the fake news talking heads continued to proclaim that we were in dire circumstances, admonishing us to get out while we still had a thread of hope for survival.

Dale duster in shop.jpgDale duster at track.jpgvaliant on Highway.jpg002-Hot-Rod-Drag-Week-Day-3-Tom-Bailey.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"