Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
Fast68, I have now solved that problem. I turned the carbs 180 degrees. THey way they were mounted on the X3 intake, they were backwards. It must have been on a boat in its past life. THe fuel was sloshing away from the main jets. After drag week, I made the change, then got out to the track 1 time for testing. It was about 47 degrees, and there was no hook in the track, but there was no bog either. On the 1st test pass I went a new best 60', I think it was a 1.36 or something like that. But it ran out of gas at half track. I should have check it, oops. Then on the next passes, I had tire spin, and my mph was way off. I think my newly remodeled throttle linkage slipped, and I wasn't getting full throttle. I didn't have a helper, so I didn't check that, I didn't think of it till the end anyway.

I hate Murphy messing with us hot rodders and drag racers whiney whistling Some times we are our own worst enemy work whistling
Welcome to our world up grin
I'm glad you are getting positive results up
You might want to compare the new best time slip before it ran out of gas with a old time slip up to the 660 clocks,1/8 mile, to see how much better it was running and go from there scope shruggy
Mopar Hemis rule, no matter what version stirthepot grin

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 11/08/18 08:35 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)