Another year of working on the car sporadiaclly at first, then really ramped it up in the summer.

10 days before we had to leave for Drag Week 2018, I finally got the car to the drag strip for initial testing.

Then,of course there was a huge last minute thrash to get ready, that is now just a blur. Since the coupe was no where near being adequately sorted out, I said that DW 2018 would just be a test and tune, and develop a to-list. But in my heart, being competitive, I really wanted to win and have everybody carry me around on their shoulder and sing "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" while the confetti falls.  But I had to settle for 4th place in the Hot Rod class because 3 awesome cars and drivers were consistently faster than me. But I'm still happy the way it turned out. The whole time, we had the hurricane looming, threatening to strand us and blow us away and drown us. But we dodged that bullet, barely. 

We got to Atlanta Dragwway friday before drag week, and did some test and tune friday night and sat. But right away friday when we got there we had to change rear end gears. The car had 3.70 in it, and I wanted 4.57. 

Brain Kohlman, with the Nitro Coupe pitted by us on friday night- sunday. 

Hemi Squirrel showed up too with his "Almost Funny":

Sunday we got checked in early, we were 12th in line out of 375. Made some test passes,

Moday morning we left the trailer behind and went to the pits and got ready, and to the drivers meeting. 

Then made 2 passes at atlanta. 
Here is the better of the 2:

second pass in car video

2nd pass exterior video

Then we packed up to leave;

It started raining just as we left the track, and rained on and off during the drive: