Getting back to the story, on Sunday tech day, and Monday the first day of competition there was a lot going on.

These fellas had destroyed their Camaros turbo’ed LS motor, and were changing it out for a hastily sourced junkyard motor in the pits: Even if you hate LS motors, you have to give them credit for resourcefulness and persistence!

Drag Week draws a good crowd. The spectators are free to roam everywhere, that make it fun.

Mike Finnegan was there with his gen 2 Hemi powered, stick shifted 55 chevy gasser, and the raodkill ramp truck with a 700 horse compound turbo Cummings swapped in. How can you not love a guy who puts mopars best motivators into chevies? 9.39 at 147 was his opening shot on Monday.

In the A Gas class, Finnegans rival for the #1 position was also a Hemi powered brand x, Jarrad Scotts 62 Ranchero. He laid down a 9.07 at 155 on Monday. Where else but Drag Week?

Nick Plewniac brought his extra awesome “Dirty Thirty” 1930 Plymouth. I had to get a picture with his 30 and my 31 together. Even though they are 2 different years, Plymouth made midyear changes to the models, so they are the same model. Nicks Plymouth runs leaf springs and caltracks, running in the Super Street Big Block power adder class. He ran a best of 8.35 at 166 before he DNF'ed

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1W5AAF2.jpg[/img]