Quote:

funny you being one of the people that preach this from your poduim as gospel

Hello Mike! You definitely have me confused with another fellow enthusiast by the fact that I have NEVER preached ANY procedure with an absolute certainty. I have stated many times that the only definite procedures in this hobby are riddled with variations and inconsistencies. Take the comment you made about paint never seeing the light of day. A chemical/paint liquid formula begins to "break down" from the day it is manufactured. It does not matter if it is sealed air tight. The chemical composition changes over time regardless! On this thread there have been NOS as well as factory examples posted to convey the "correct" appearances. Why try to change or dismiss the reality of what is obvious? I personally had nothing to do with ANY feature that was used to manufacture a new car in the 1970s. I simply do my best to promote and disclose the facts the way I have documented them. I try very hard to leave any preconceived notions or opinions out of the equation. Nothing additional, nothing less! I think some individuals are more concerned with being "right" or "saving face" when they offer commentary to these discussions. Having a few (or all) of the answers should never be the motivating factor for documenting, translating or sharing the truth.