Quote:

Quote:

Here's another one. Both were stored above my garage out of direct sunlight all these years

I realy hate to post,but I have a QUESTION
For one the picture Macannix posted looks 99% of what the 71 challenger grille I had till 2004 Car also was a 318 car with wide hood trim.
Heres the Queston
You said
Quote:

something that may or or may not be known? is this stuff was not a chrysler specifc paint, it was the beginng of the OE paint mfg's custom radiance color line, and there is supposed to be a chip chart of all the different colors that were available, but i have yet to find or see that..

When you said OE paint mfg's custom radiance color line Are you talking about the PPG Radiance Candy paint base paint that went on before the top coat and clear? That was used in the early-middle 80's before the Radiance 2 came out?
A friend of mine is a pack rat but moved 3 months ago and had to toss stuff out. But He may still have that color chip book. If that is what you are saying I will ask him if he still has it

i have not follwed the radiance line development, i only know whats written in the literature i have surrounding these colors which are lacquer based. I dont know what the others are or if its the same line or bases.

it cant hurt to get the book and see if its the one that has the numbers that are listed in the reference above.

please post back if you get it.

Mike