Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Here's another one. Both were stored above my garage out of direct sunlight all these years

Thx for posting Terry, it saves me the time to take the picture of my 70 survivor that hasn't seen the light of day since 72. And yes, my original bubble matches the grille.

Who was it that said they didn't match?

actually mike, it would be to the interest of this debate if you would take a FULL picture of yours as I seem to remember from the last debate on this, everyone thought it looked as though it was light.

guess i cant dispute whats in the pictures presented so far, but until i see one in person and compare to original formulas, pigmnets and colors i am still of the Lt argent/ dk/med grille believers.

also, are those early or late cars shown?

Mike, you know as well as I, spraying textured argent can change a shade by simply a pressure change in the air supply from the gun or temperatures it’s being sprayed at and the amount of coats applied. I have a rack set up to spray 10 grilles and buckets at the same time to insure a perfect match. We’ve painted over 500 Cuda grilles and we don’t mix batches of grilles to buckets since there could be a subtle change in the shade from batch to batch. When you have to contend with temperatures, pressures, spray patterns and other variables, it’s impossible to guarantee a perfect match unless they are sprayed all together. There isn’t a specific shade of textured argent that is the only correct one, the shades changed even back in the day. Not a huge difference, but a noticeable one. So to say, “if it’s not this exact shade it’s wrong” is foolish with the inherent factors involve when spraying this type of paint.

It’s obvious that bubbles were intended to be the same shade as the grille, whether it always turned out that way? Of course not. It's just not that important to me to try to convince you of anything when your mind is made up. With absolute facts, you still want to debate and I’m not going there this time.

Lastly, as you have said in the past and you’re absolutely right, rattle can textured argent paints aren’t remotely close to factory paint. It works fine for the average guy restoring their car with acceptable results, however, never should it be used for any OE type work.

Last edited by HEMICUDA; 03/19/09 01:20 AM.