dave W. i am only providing the comparison as a possiblity, and as a reference since and above all because Mike Ross wont/cant (CHDKS).

I am not ignoring the NOS parts as an option of possiblities/ facts i have seen many inoperson form 67-74 parts), but need to reiterate, they are different (more so) than production line installed parts.

I have even acknowledged that this is the first time in 20 plus years of doing this, that ANYONE has ever provided the two parts from REAL production line installed parts to compare to.

To further iterate i am not questioning and am not so color blind that i can see they appear to be the same, I just want more for personal curiousity and to delve beneath the 30 year old surface and to the base origins. (does that sound like how you research stuff?)

funny you being one of the people that preach this from your poduim as gospel, yet want to use NOS as example of what a part installed on a car 10 years eralier should look like. (were you fortunate enough to have your valiant NOS grille look exactly like your production line installed car? please post side by side pics).

I am not denying there are differences and variances of the original base shades, based on: time, date, pressure, atmosphere, mix, blah blah blah.

I am NOW AT THIS POINT only questioning the experience of one who will not contribute to this in with phyiscal matter and just provides salesman hype and marketing flair rather than experience of 20 plus years hands on experience dealing with original formulas.

THE ONLY ONE's EVER OFFERED BY THE OE MFG IN LIQUID FORM

everything i am talking about all goes back to that, and after 20 plus years of seeing and hearing this beat to death, with unfounded in correct information, it is to the point where i am not going to care any more so much that why bother try to help provide knowledg to the overall goal of providng history for others to use...

since the way the market (sheople), absorb info like: "it come's from someone who has bought there way into the market... so it must be correct cause i like them, and their dog and pony show more than the other guy"...

any way Dave i like seeing some of your posts even you go overboard with your passion, as you appear to have done the physical hands on reasearch vs some of the others that claim or think they are above it all.

BTW and since you stuck you foot in it, your shaker on the black car appears to be from the pic, Gibson gray is thay correct?)

Mike

edit: PS dave, can you not see that even with regard to age, the pigments/hue/shade of the two parts are night/day, black/ white, silver/gray, DIFFERENT! Sureley with your abilities unlike Mike you are able to see that?

Last edited by AllTrim Plus; 03/19/09 05:41 PM.