Originally Posted By HotRodDave
A SBC is not an excercise in good oiling to follow, they got some messed up junk coming down from the cam then to the lifters and then the crank gets the left overs but somehow they live for a while, that is why they like to use high volume pumps and such to ensure enough pressure is left over from everything else to keep the crank lubed. Sure a SBM has timing issues but based on the guys like p-body and others and the SBC guys with that crappy oiling set up turning serious RPM it just don't matter. Centrifugal force is going to keep the oil flowing out of the crank toward the rod bearing even when the pressure is blocked for a split second.

I don't think he had a oil quality or viscosity problem, I have seen guys running 20-50 in brand new cars that come with VERY tight clearance and it don't hurt em, I run 0-20 in all my cars anymore and no engine trouble that did not exist when I bought the car. It was something wrong with the machining, out of round, too much taper, twisted crank...

I'm sorry but you are wrong. I can't say it any nicer than that. If you rely on centrifugal force to oil the rods, you will kick out 'two rods. Usually 3-4 go first.

How many small block molars have you built that made horsepower over 8000 rpm? I have done it. Many say they have. I know I have. I know the results. They are not good. You MUST fix the oil timing issue or it will fail.

I wish I had never mentioned oil timing because it is off topic to the OP. But I felt it was relevant. There are many busted blocks from oil timing issues. The OP didn't have that issue.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston