Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
This engine has an Eagle crank. While I have not compared a SBC and a SBM Mopar crank from Eagle, I would imagine that Eagle uses the same "high speed oiling" arrangement in all their crankshafts, regardless of brand of motor. The way a crank is made, you can move the timing "some" but it isn't a huge amount. So while it may be true that factory Chevy and Mopar cranks may differ in timing, I would think aftermarket cranks are drilled the same. Would be easy to find out........all you have to do is ask them.

BUT........that isn't the problem here. SB Mopars been running for years with factory drilled cranks.

As far as the oil, some need to read up on how multi viscosity oils are rated, tested and really work. The oil in question here would not have taken on the viscosity characteristics of 50W until the oil temp reached 212*. And anybody who has ever drained some HOT, even straight 50 from a motor, knows at that temp, it is not all that thick

We at least need to use the correct terminology. There is no such thing as a multi viscosity oil. They are multi grade.

Again, the oil timing is way off.that isn't the issue hear, just try to help people learn. As RPM goes up, the more the timing issues show up.

What the oil acts like drawing it is irrelevant. It pumps and resists flow like a 50 or it wouldn't be graded a 50.

EDIT: I have looked at Eagle cranks. And Scat cranks. They have the oil holes in the factory Chrysler location. That means the oil timing is off. If you want to argue oil timing and how critical it is, take it up with David Nickens. I had several long discussions with him. He isn't stupid.

Last edited by madscientist; 03/03/16 03:23 PM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston