Quote:

Quote:

Here is my attempt at a hidden reluctor, it is a 24X reluctor off a BB Chevy that fits on the crank snout. The problem is that the BB Chevy crank snouts are a larger diameter than the BB mopar so there is more play than I am comfortable with. If that reluctor is not centered on the crank snout, then the clearance between the reluctor teeth and the Crank Sensor would vary during rotation. Anybody know a easy way to make the hole smaller and maintain a key way? It is made of powdered metal, if that makes a difference....

Then the problem would be how to add a crank sensor to the bottom of the timing cover, it doesn't really land in a good location on the cover during my mockups....also, I would want some level of adjustment with the sensor and the keyway on a BB chevy and a BB mopar is not the same if I remember correctly. So the reluctor would need another keyway cut (but that's no big deal). Also, the balancer snout would have to be cut to keep pulley alignment, but again, thats no big deal.

How about removing the part that connects to the crank snout and attaching the reluctor to an oil slinger ?

Great write up , I'd definitely want to do something like this considering the cost.

I don't see oxy sensors listed on the 700 budget side ?

OOPS! I forgot the oxygen sensors in the other column....ok, what If I told you you could do it for $800...

I'll have to look at the oil slinger....honestly, that BB Chevy reluctor probably fits as tight as an oil slinger does. I could just cut a new keyway.