Ok...I still havn't got to the Wiring harness and the PCM tuning stuff. But for now, Let's talk economics..... what if I told you that you could do this EFI setup for as little as $700? (not counting fuel pump...add $113 for a Walbro 255 which is the most common performance LS1 upgrade pump)

Obviously, higher HP setups will cost more than a solid 450-500 HP system due to the cost of injectors, aftermarket throttle bodies, etc. Forced induction could get away with stock throttle bodies in a pinch too.

Attached is a spreadsheet showing my costs other than the fuel system for my motor. I make about 450 hp at the wheels.....I have also included the costs using all stock parts and doing things yourself which is around $700. These prices are very realistic as they are what I actually paid, but I'm quite the bargain hunter and I spent weeks looking for good deals, etc.

Also, remember that this replaces your carb, intake and ignition system. I paid about $150 for my used Holley 850 DP, $125 for my Holley SD intake used, and $275 for my MSD digital 6+. Thats $575 using a used intake and carb.

Here you go (click the attachment link above and it gets big enough to read):

7565507-EFIcostspic2.jpg (570 downloads)
Last edited by Quicksilver440; 01/29/13 01:28 AM.