Quote:

MONSTER MOPAR WEEKEND started as MONSTER MOPAR SUNDAY. When it became MONSTER MOPAR WEEKEND the entry fee went up and we raced for money both days. The entry fee for Pro and S/Pro was $110 with the old promoter and was for $2000 to win on Sat. and $4000 on Sunday. In fact I was racing at MONSTER MOPAR when this promoter was probably just out of diapers. Now, $125 for $3000 to win on Sunday is not a fair entry. The promoters flyer noted, now Sat. race was now included in entry fee of $125., Made us pay extra $50 last 2 events. At that point we are racing for 2 chances at winning a possible $4500 for our $125 entry. A much more reasonable payout to entry fee ratio. Now your car count goes up, and the gate take goes up. I am tired of hearing this s*it about a free race getting canceled. Sat. race was included in entry fee, NOT FREE!!!!!

Now lets go back and look at how Monster MOPAR started. 2 classes. Super Pro---Pro and some exibition cars Then Street got added, then NSS got added, then now several more. I don't have a problem with all of the classes because Pro and S/Pro is not everyones cup of tea. We all came for the class or classes of or choice and paid our entry fee. The promoter had a run order and shuffled it up and should not have. And if something gets eliminated why jip the class you make the most $$$$ off of.

All of the people that bought a tech card had race cars, even if some not so racy, including box and no-box, and should have all been considered equal, and run order followed until the race track was un-safe. Not cancel some and continue to race others. And yes, we did get paid for Sat. and because it was only 1 round completed pay was minimal, while others got to finish, even one class Sun. Morning. The race should of continued in the order that was posted, then when stopped for weather or time reasons all purses split at that time.

And I know how late we raced on Sunday because only one more pair went down the track after me and then it was off to the winners circle.

And back to the original subject. There are probably not parts avail. to make a MOPAR as competitive as Ford in 10.5. There probably would'nt be in a Ford if not for Glidden as they have helped to get Ford where it is today. When Bob Glidden did run MOPAR, for 1 year, he was very successful, and I believe if Glidden would switch to MOPAR, with there Knowledge, expertise and resources, they could do as well or maybe better.

And on bashing all the guys that oiled down, I am sure if they knew they were spilling there guts they would have stopped. Sometimes you just don't know your car is leaking.

Yes, it WAS free. Just because it USED to cost less to enter a race doesn't mean entry fees will always stay the same. Costs go up, and so do entry fees. The higher entry fee wasn't to cover the additional race, and if you think it was, your math skills need some brushing up. You are whining because a FREE race got cancelled. Period. How is it that a FREE class is what makes the most money? What's REALLY awesome is, you seem to know EXACTLY how to put on a successful race. When is the next event you are holding? Where was the last one you put on? I love it when a racer acts like they know how a race should be run. What's funny is, how THEY think it should be run usually points back to what would benefit the class THEY are running. Oh, and thanks for the history lesson.. but it doesn't really apply. 1. That promoter is no longer running it, and 2. one word: evolution. Times change.