Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

After doing a lot of reading (Muscle Motors has a great article about this) I found out after the fact that big block Mopars have issues in the cam journal area. Cost me some $$ to find this out!

just a little food for thought, keep in mind that all of the old Mopar engines were running engines before and they didn't eat up cams or bearings. what do you suppose has changed since it was torn down and built back up as a performance combo? i would say very little. granted it's not uncommon for the cam bearing bores to be a little undersized, but with minor clearancing of the offending bearing it's not usually a big issue. anyway, like i said, food for thought.

My thought too. Why was the #2 .002" too tight? After all, it must have ran before. But with the new bearings, it was too tight. I didn't know about making a "cutter" out of an old cam. Just seems like a bad fix for a worse cause! New one's fit perfect. Hopefully will be running soon. Take care, Jeff

The factory did the same thing , clearance the bearing , they were only concerned with the engine living past the warranty period .