Hi Everyone. Great suggestions. I'm going to do a compression test tomorrow. To answer some questions. The damper is new SFI and I did check it to TDC, right on zero. I have cranked the engine and watched valve train, all open and close as the should. I admit, may have valves too tight / too loose. I did 3/4 turn past zero lash. The response about using intake or exh lobe to degree cam has me thinking tho! I have the timing set with multiple key ways on the crank gear. I advanced that gear to the 2 deg advance key to the cam dot. The cam was at 109 dot-to-dot, so I advanced it 2 deg to be at 107. I have double/triple checked the firing order. Now, the dist drive gear. I dropped the drive gear in and then lined up plug wire #1 to start engine. I wouldn't think the gear placement would matter as long as #1 line up at TDC. I have tried advancing the dist untill the eng cranked hard, no difference. From the beginning, I have had the "rattling" type noise. Sounds like piston "slap" doesn't get any better after engine is warmed. IS this normal for roller rockers / alumn heads? Thanks again everyone! Jeff