Quote:

Sounds like a cylinder wall finish problem to me.

Hey everyone! Haven't really had any news to post on this issue..until the last couple days. Poppaj, you have hit it on the head. Well, partly. I also found (well, the machine shop found) that the cam bearing journal was off. #2 off .002". Ate all the cam bearings, #2 completely destroyed. Found some metal embedded in 4 rod bearings. Don't know who's at fault?? I didn't do the machine work...I guess ME, I put the engine together. Anyway, I ruled out using this block. As, poppaj stated, the cyl wall finish was not to my liking. Just felt rough...So, I bought a different finished block. Figured if I had to re-bore my old one and buy new pistons, re-balance I'd just be better off getting a different block. New block looks great. The cyl walls look and feel very nice. Cam journals all perfect. All measurements coming out perfect. After doing a lot of reading (Muscle Motors has a great article about this) I found out after the fact that big block Mopars have issues in the cam journal area. Cost me some $$ to find this out! Anyway, going back together again! At the cam degreeing stage now. Thanks everyone! Jeff