Quote:

Anyone ever heard of a cam doing this? Crank key wrong? I'm lost (again)! Take care, Jeff

I have had cams that had the alignment pins installed 12 degree retarded, I have also had timing gear sets that had the alignments dots off a half a tooth Very hard to find those errors without degreeing the cam to start with I now degree every cam off of a degree wheeel and at the retainers to make sure that the action at the valve on lobe center timing is correct, I check the lobe seperation angles by also checking the exhaust lobe on the cylinder I'm degreeing, usually #1, to see if the exhaust lobe is advanced(retarded ) the same amount the intake is advanced or if both lobes are straight up if I'm installing the cam straight up I have had several SB cams that had the exhuast lobes ground on different lobes center than the intakes Intakes where ground on 106 LSA and exhaust where ground on 112 I would installed them on 102 on the intake,4 degrees advanced and the exhaust lobes would in at 116 BTDC They should have been in at 110 BTDC I didn't use them, they ground three cams that way before I got them to finally fix thier master It is time to start over to identify this or these problems, go back to square one, find TDC and check the cam timing at the lifters on both lobes and then check LSA on both lobes Please let us know what you find

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/25/11 11:33 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)