Quote:

Hey guys, NO way to swap dist wires. Will only plug in one way. Tried that. I have tried different plugs, 3 times actually. I had that on a small block Chev I did. I guess it is possible the lifter preload is too tight. First time I adjusted them using the ICE-EOI method I went 1/4 turn past no lash. I spin the pushrod between my fingers, when I feel it getting tight, I went 1/4 turn. This was initial start. After that I called 440Source asking about the rattle noise I'm hearing. He suggested going another 1/2 turn, which I did. No difference. Timing gears look correct to you guys? Car has fresh 93 octain gas in it with a bottle of booster. Thanks! Jeff

all you want is the lash out(I've seen people use the turn the pushrod method and take preload out of the lifter then add their additional turning, best to jiggle the pushrod to no lash) and put an 1/8 to 1/4 turn. It will be noisy. Hopefully you haven't wrecked the valves against the pistons already with too much preload. Leak-down will show that.