Quote:

Hey guys, NO way to swap dist wires. Will only plug in one way. Tried that. I have tried different plugs, 3 times actually. I had that on a small block Chev I did. I guess it is possible the lifter preload is too tight. First time I adjusted them using the ICE-EOI method I went 1/4 turn past no lash. I spin the pushrod between my fingers, when I feel it getting tight, I went 1/4 turn. This was initial start. After that I called 440Source asking about the rattle noise I'm hearing. He suggested going another 1/2 turn, which I did. No difference. Timing gears look correct to you guys? Car has fresh 93 octain gas in it with a bottle of booster. Thanks! Jeff

I had to swap the purple/green wires. My 496 stroker did the same to me. You can simply cut and re-splice them, but if you are careful you can get them out of the plug and swap them like I did. I fought it to no end, thought the motor was going into valve float at 5500, horrible idle, bad kick-back, really down on power. It's DEFINITELY worth your time to try, and free too.

11.33 @ 118.46 on motor
10.75 @ 125.35 w/ a little spray
Now, high Speed Open Road Racing - Silver State Classic Challenge, Nevada Open Road Challenge, Big Bend Open Road Race
Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020, 2022 2.0, Sick Week 2023