I figured the Heim joint would get ...uhhh, mis-understood

What they would do is allow the existing frame structure to be pre-loaded and the inherent stresses on the chassis adjusted. This is similar and works along with how we Cross-weight the left front torsion bars and right rear shock. Adding subframe connectors will stiffen the entire chassis (albeit IMO not in the ideal places for up to a ~11.50 car) where as I want to allow the left front to flex a little; but not so much that it rips the welds out of the 1/4 panel-roof joint.
I'm not supplementing the beaming strength of the chassis (as a frame connector does), I submit that fore to aft the chassis is inherently strong. I merely looking for a way to find lateral tuning (the torque reaction of the MoPar chassis is very well understood already) and limiting/adjusting (for track conditions) torsionally what is already there.

The rolled steel rocker panels give adequate beaming strength, but mainly due to them being
"supplemented" by the inner skin of the unibody. The rear channels (parallel to the leaf springs)where the typical subframe connectors are roll/formed as well; they are not tube steel channels as many people might think. Unless they are compromised by external forces (such as a perpendicular side load like a crash), they are quite strong.

Also, something many people mis-conceive about MoPar unibodies is this: The front inner fenderwells are actually stressed/integral components in the sub-frame. They are light and are much stronger than many people realize. When you cut them out and replace them with tube steel welded to the firewall, all the mass of the K-frame, motor and suspension is now directed straight to the firewall. This is preferable in a full cage equipped car (as the roll cage itself cross braces and provides rigidity throughout the chassis)but again in doing so you have altered all of the dynamics of the chassis.

Again, the Herb Adams book, particularly the latter chapters discussing Monocoque (more likened to Uni-CHASSIS than UniBody) is particularly enlightening. In short, converting a unibody into a ladder frame car has some advantages(particularly in beaming strength), but also has disadvantages.

I've always been kind of Out-of the box with regard to chassis design, I've been fascinated ever since I saw the MoPar "wire car" pro-stock back in '74.

Wize

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0