Wow. This is the longest running tech thread I have ever seen. Pretty amazing how long it has lasted, but I think this topic is pretty important. Even if a guy is never going to race his car, these things are unibodies after all and they are getting to be a little old.

This thread has lasted through a pretty important time in the evolution of my car. It went from 11.70s to 11.50s, to 11.20s and the SFCs have been in the whole time.

I like street driving and going to the track and doing a little racing (more test and tune, just to make improvements...though I do get the occasional grudge race), but track tech has not been very kind to me at 11.20s and no roll bar ("slow down or go home") so that's the latest project.

If you find yourself in the same boat, see the attached pic for how the bar ties into the SFCs. This is far stronger than having the bar sit on plates, and it won't work with bolt on SFCs. The outriggers are the same 2x3x.083" steel, and they cost 8 dollars at Dixie Machine and Fabricating

It isn't anywhere near done yet but I will be working on it all this weekend.

1037020-7.JPG (222 downloads)

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri