Wize, all of the Mopar rockers I have seen have been two "halves" spotwelded together top and bottom, just like the rest of the car. The one difference I noticed is the thickness of the steel in the rocker sections. and they do crumple like a beer can when hit, more so on new cars. as was the case with the girl who died when she hit the back of my truck

I do agree with the theory of the torsion relative to the placement of the connectors (inboard/outboard), but am totaly cornfused by the idea of a heim joint for torsional control, as a heim joint by design allows for rotation. There are numerous ways to attack this situation, but Rich wanted an easy, economical, and upgradeable (rollcage, ladder bars, etc.)way to acomplish the task.

We welded the connectors as an extension of the rear frame rails, up to the trans x-member. They slip ~6 inches into the rear rail, I then windowed each rear rail in 5 spots on each side (10 per rail)and welded through to the connectors. Up front, I capped the connectors with a 3x5 plate wich in turn is welded to the x-member ~ 2 inches inboard of the front rails. The floor pans were also welded to the conectors. When it was finished, we jacked the car from the front sub, just behind the tire and the whole side of the car lifted with no flex, where there was mucho before !! That's all I needed to see

Thanks for all the great suggestions,opinions,and help as well as the pics. I have many pics of the installation, but no server to host them. If anyone would like to see them, PM, or e-mail me or Rich.

Todd

aduC' 47 IIeredevleB 66 383 etilletaS 66 DTC 0053 MAR 50 "ssenlli latnem a dna ,ybboh a neewteb enil enif a si ereht"