I would also like to see how the main hoop in Tim's cage is attached to the floor. There aren't any outriggers in the pic, is it welded to a plate on the floor?

I realize that's all it takes to comply w/the rules but I'd feel better with both a plate and the tube running through the outrigger, welded at all three points.

The car's a 'real' GTX, but the fender tag is long gone, the original drivetrain and most of the original parts are gone, and the thing had enough rust in it to where virtually anything I do to it is an improvement. So I really don't feel bad about cutting it, it was already cut in 100 different places before I got it anyway.

Plus the rockers are weak in the car, and with the connectors running through the floor it will help that issue a little more than if they were below the floor.

I mocked it up with a piece of wood yesterday and looks as if the connectors only need to go through the floor for a short distance in the rear footwell area, and if they're sitting flush with the bottom of the T bar crossmember they will clear the front footwell with some slight massaging of the front floorpan ribs.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri