hmmm interesting i did mine completly different i used 3x3 cut the flour pan, and on the rear of the original frame its L shaped at the flour pan then i welded in 1/4 x 3 x 8 inch plates to the original rear frame and rear conector.then in the front on the scrossover the flour pans on the front are cut out so i boxed the tranny crossmember witch looks flimsy anyways and added gussets to the inside of it to make it more riggid then i welded the front of the connector to it.After that i welded in a 3x3 in the back across the frame at the shock crossmember and cut the old thin cheep shock crossmember out and added gussets to the frame as well,then i went back in side and welded 2x3 from the rear of the frame conector across over the tranny hump and back to the other frame conector and added gessets so now the the tranny crossmember (that i boxed in) and the frame connectors are all one piece in both directions .then i added 1/8 x4 to the inside of the frame ralls from the trans crossmember all the way's to the radiator crossmember and trimed it to match the frame the car is solid as a rock Next i'm going to start drilling holes every place i can to loose weight.