UPDATE:
I tested the coil pickup voltage and it was .5/.6v with engine turning over with the key.
I pulled the dist and as I was trying to install the new pickup I forgot that the FBO dist has a welded advance plate. So I scribed around the existing plate and cut the weld and got the new pickup in place and tapped a new hole and added a screw to tie it back down. The new pickup showed 323/325ohms and while hand spinning the shaft I got 1.5-1.7 volts. I set my .008" gap and got it installed again. I then rechecked the ohms and got the same reading but then I checked the voltage with the starter and I only got the .5/.6v again.
The engine started right up but I could not keep it going. I restarted it again and it fired right back up but I could not keep it running. It had a horrible miss. It kept dying and I kept starting it back up and as I tried to keep it running, the exhaust was making a popping or cracking noise. This was the last noise that I heard from the car before it died for the last time in the parking lot. I know that the timing is probably off a little but not enough to make the exhaust sound like it did. Once I can get it to run better I will recheck the initial timing and get it reset.
I am getting closer but there is still something wrong. What do you think now?

Thanks

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)