I was driving the Challenger this morning and I pulled into a parking lot to tune the in-gear idle vacuum. The car ran great and I just finished tweaking the carb and while I was walking around the car, it quit running. There was no hint, it just shut off like a light switch. I had voltage, I had fuel, but I could not do any ignition checks. The car sat for 15 minutes or so while I tried to figure it out and then I started up and it was fine for about 10 seconds then died again. Then about another 15 minutes went by and I tried to start it again and it was a bear to get running and then when it finaly did, it was sputtering and puking and I was fighting to keep it running at 1800rpms or so. Then it just slowly died again. I got my AAA card out and it is now sitting in the garage.
My thinking is that the coil or the ECU puked out. Any suggestions?
Note: It does not have a ballast and it has a 3 month old "non-ballast" Mallory coil, 4 year old FBO ECU and distributor.

I have another old coil and Orange ECU box to test out but I wanted to get some advise before jumping in on it on FATHERS DAY.

It was a crapty start for my Fathers day having one of my kids with me and having the whole family watch the car bing loaded onto flat bed, but hopefully my day will get better.

Happy Fathers Day to everyone.

Thanks

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)