Quote:

i installed the 5spd in my 70 b body. had to modify the tranny tunnel, that was unexpected. the shifter handle shakes back and forth sometimes, in 3rd and 4th. also you cannot slam 2nd to 3rd. this has to be a slow shift. i can go 2nd to 5th fast but not 2nd to 3rd. richard has offered to repair this at no cost. all i have to do is remove it and return it. however, this is driving season (we have bad winters) so this winter i will pull it down and return it. richard has been the best to deal with at keisler.

Jim, you probally have a first "gen" shift tower, they leave a lot to be desired, the 3 rd gen shift tower you can do in the car, 2 allen screws, install the tower "straight" in, with the shifter nub, in neutral, as well as the tranny, make sure the machined flat, for the shifter goes towards the drivers side, you can accidentally install it 180 degrees, it will offset your shifter about 1 inch, watch out.......as far as the 2-3 shift, it's the nature of the "beast", with the 833, you could ram the shifter into gear, try doing that with the TKO's 2-3 shift, you get locked out, you got to learn to resist jammimg into gear,.....my Daytona was the "mule" for the prototype 68-70 B body install as well as Keislers 70 console pistol grip shifter, I told Shafi the floor needs to be cut, but he insisted oterwise, in fact I prefere to cut the floor in any application A<B<E regardless of fit, and you can toss that pc of sheetmetal they supply, and put a real "factory" 4 spd hump in it!.....Jim are you using the "console" or bench seat Pistol grip?.......and Jim the 3rd Gen shift tower is like nite and day, it will greatly improve your trannies shifting

Last edited by DAYCLONA; 06/09/08 11:55 PM.