I have real T/A that I restored with a 416 W-2 roller motor. With the 6 pack and exhaust manifolds on pump gas this made 470 horses and 490 ftlbs of torque.
I purchaed @ the Nats from the well known owner of a conversion company a complete kit. Trans, clutch, had them modify my scattershield and also the hydraulic throw out brg set up. just shy of $4k.
The salesman/owner of this company assured me that this was a complete bolt in... I expressed my concern that I would not even dimple the floor pans much less cut them or modify in any way as one day I will put back the complete 100% matching engine and trans.
I had several problems from the wrong clutch they sent me, to a throw out brg that expoded at 300 miles of use and hurt the trans so bad I had to ship the trans back at my cost for repairs and pay the difference for the "new updated" throw out bearing. Well I now have 1000 miles on this junk and the trans interferes with the trans tunnel transfering a severe vibration to the body as you row through the gears.
I have repeatedly complained to them about how poor this thing shifts... finally tech support (which as been great) got one of the engineers on the phone and he ask "where are you shifting"? I said 7-7500 RPM. His answer... GET THIS... They are not designed to shift over 6000 RPM, as a matter of fact the new Mustangs have the rev limiterset @ 5900 RPM.
They suggested I send the trans to Pro Motion a company that specializes in modified Tremecs on my $ of course.
I'm done with the agravation!!!The original 833 is on it's way in as we speak.
The company nor all the magazines that have tested these things said nothing about these issues.
This car has been a 6 year resto-mod. I drive my cars and I race them. The 5 speed made great sense for the best of both worlds. I'm so disappointed and out $4K
Just thought others would like to know.

4474443-Underside.JPG (2795 downloads)