Quote:

Pete,......you hit the nail on the head!,.....I wasn't gonna step in that "minefield",......but you "opened" the door,.......9 1/2 out of 10 times it's "IE".....installation error, something wasn't checked, or double checked, or a presumed decision was made without confirming it,...or the lack of equipment to properly install, or adjust,.....this applies to not just Keislers/Tremacs,....any componet installed,.....like I've said, after quite a few Keisler installs, I've only had two faliures, a bad hyd. master cylinder, right out of the box, Keisler supplied, but not made/ nor modified by them,.....and a input shaft sheared off a TKO 600, that was due to an "inexperienced employee" that thought he knew "everything"......and FORGOT to install the front BEARING .....he was fired! I've beaten the sh1t out of every Keisler set up,......and have yet had to experience any breakage?.....I usally find that when something fails , it's the result of an improper application, or improper installation?

Dude, I hear alot of talk about you driving these cars "hard", but what are the dragstrip numbers? Driving on a road course in the rain is not powershifting at 7K rpm 3 times in 11 seconds. The bottom line is that these guys are advertising a "bolt-in" product. I have been power-shifting and drag racing Mopars since I was 16. I assembled the 833 in my original 69 RT 4sp Dana car on my back in my parents driveway with a broomstick wrapped with masking tape for a clutch alignment tool. This was in the 80s with a worn out Hays clutch, worn out pedals and linkage, and the original Hurst shifter. The only thing I did was use Mr. Gasket steel bushings on the shift rods. The car launched so hard it eventually ripped the door stirker out of the jamb, and I would powershift it routinely at 6K rpm (every time I left the driveway as a 16 year-old should) and I had NO shimming the K-member, NO re-working the driveline angle, No precision adjustments, NO sending the trans out for a bunch of trick parts, etc, etc.
The point is these are musclecars, and the manufacturers are advertising the product as "bolt-in" and "no mods". It's nice if you can get a wing car to run a road course and get 7 more miles to the gallon on the highway, but these cars were built to drag race, and if you can't shift 'em at 6K grand upon bolting it in the car without modifying the driveline, and a dozen other adjustments not required on a factory install, then the manufacturer didn't come through as promised.

'70 Cuda 440/auto
'70 Duster 340/4sp project
'70 Satellite convert 318 survivor