Quote:

Anecdotes are not good ways to document a car. Especially from a guy who claims he spent $6000 on a 383 'Cuda.

I thought we were over this already - you can hope all you want, but that doesn't make something real.

There are plenty of guys here who know a hell of a lot and have given you advice, and by ignoring them, you run the risk of giving us a car where some owner in the future will swear his car is 1 of 1 because it has a certain configuration that perhaps never existed.

-------------------------------------------------

Hope is the thing in life that makes it worth living my new friend. My only hopes were that I had a 335hp/orange engine, and yes, there are many here with what they do know who have set me straight, I have ignored nobodody here - so i have lost hope that my car has an HP/orange engine.

Its a matching numbers block that is blue with not a speck of orange, auto and A/C - so I cannot and will never claim otherwise. The only HP part on my engine are valve springs with surge dampers and a cam I have not yet been able to measure its stock lift to see if it is up tp 440HP specs. There is still speculation if a 330hp engine would even have HP springs. I do have many here to thank (thanks guys) for what they've brought to the table, those same cars like mine also have convinced me.

But there is a whole nother realm of '70 383 cars out there unlike mine and it has been attempted to set the facts straight on these other cars. I have little to gain except education/knowledge of my favorite cars, E Bodys. Its been my pleasure to hear from most of these great owners, some, not so great.

The only questions that have remained are to get the BCS info on those 383 BH/JH/BP/JP/BS/JS cars that were not covered.

Mainly, a 1970 383 4 speed w/ A/C in any model confiuration. Nobody has given BCS engine codes for this example except for one person, and this engine code they provided is 'listed' as a blue 330hp engine - only it wears the Holley carb code too. Nobody has proven yet that these 4 speed/Holley/with A/C engines were orange, only 'stories' - and this is what has been ignored in this thread. I've ignored nobody and only waited for the owners to perhaps kindly provide us here pictorial evidence as to their engine codes and perhaps actual original pictures of the engine installed, and with their testimony, like our latest entry.

So no, this thread has not been completely 'covered' and I'm keeping it alive to help prove what 'most cars' came through with. Mainly, the engine coding differences between a 'Cuda and R/T and their lower performance siblings...like mine.

Like I said way back, how hard is it to find real documentation for 4 speed A/C 383's to help us prove the 'facts'?? The only thing I've ignored is that list Dan presented for this one engine combo. I, like him, think the list is wrong/trumped by the Holley carb code.