Regarding the pink Barracuda 318 car that keeps on being mentioned . . . the deal is that US records show 1 FM3 Gran Coupe ragtop being built. It survives, and if it couldn't be any more special enough, it's a 318 4-speed - an interesting combination.

I don't think this has been clarified yet, but if it has, my apologies . . . there's a lot of confusion with the hp ratings and what was installed. A lot of the confusion is related to the advertised hp for a respective model.

For example, Barracuda N-code cars received 330hp engines according to the ads. 'Cudas, due to their special status as the performance version of the Barracuda, received 335hp engines. However, the assembly line dictated things that would contradict this, and the buyer was not aware of this.

So, for example, if you bought a Barracuda with an N-code engine and a 4-speed, you got the 335hp engine even though it was advertised at 330hp - kinda a step up. And if you got the 'Cuda with an auto and AC, you received the 330hp engine even though the car was advertised with the 335hp engine. It was not unusual for companies to downgrade engines a bit when equipped with AC (I know the GTO 400HO received a different cam if it had AC, and the buyer was not aware of this), but the fact that a base car like a Barracuda could have an engine slightly better than advertised is unusual.

If I've mixed something up, please correct this grasshopper's post.