Quote:

Quote:

I think the ...

383 automatic - E & B-body - with ECS (N95)..................... orange HP engine 335hp
---------- Holley R4218-A ----------part number 3418 543 on b'cast 43

... is your only choice as the with A/C carb is listed as w/o ECS.

383 automatic - E & B-body - with A/C (H51) & w/o ECS....... orange HP engine 335hp engine on b'cast 089
---------- Holley R4369-A ----------part number 3418 562 on b'cast 62

That was my big issue....which option took priority..wondering if the N95 trumped the A/C or not.
Thanks for your help!

---------------------------------------------
Another satisfied customer.

Hey rm23j8g - I took some heat keeping this thread alive that guys maybe like in your situation can find these answers made of gold. If I can help just one guy, like you, it was worth it. I bet the others feel the same since some continued to join in. Git R Done.

I like that 6bblgt produced a 084 engine for us, the Challenger R/T 383 4 speed with a/c.

We all see an 084 doesn't have a Carter carb like I prematurely forecasted. Its easy to see why I concluded an 084 engine would wear a Carter since we've learned blue equals Carter equals 330hp.
6bblgt is right to remind us there are no Carter carbs listed for either manual transmissions.

What in the world is that poor little R/T doing with a 084 330hp engine code. Some might cringe to know of such evil treacherousness!! We see it shares the same 37 Holley carb like the 087 code 335hp engines did. Too bad we also don't know what color it is/was.

Even though the list states this engine combo is blue, 6bbgt knows alot more than I do and I like his style. Maybe one will surface later to confirm or deny. Can't be too hard to find another 383 'Cuda or R/T or two with a 4 speed and A/C...can it? Furyman posted us a picture of one - a mangled up green 'Cuda 383 with 4 speed and a/c orange engine, I wonder if he has the BCS sheet and if it is also an 084/37 combo too.

Cause its either that, or Dan just blew the lid on this whole thing and found us the first 'public' documentation in 38 years of an R/T that may or does NOT have a 383 Magnum.

There is no code for 383 manual w/o A/C 335hp orange listed, the same anomolies may or do exist as with the 084/087 engine.

So many members came in to give their input that together we've all shed enough light on this subject.

I had a good idea that only a very small percentage of the Super Commando and Magnum 383's wound up in the base model E Bodys. To everyone, thanks for helping to explain the few possible reasons why guys. All the rest of those HP motors found their rightful homes into safe places like 1 Wild RT's R/T. No hard feelings. Hey 1 Wild RT, after reading this, what is your engine code/carb code/engine color? Do you hav A/C or not? You have an N code '70...

62mxwgn is the big dog up in Pa. That Superbird of his is hard to miss in a small town or anywhere for that fact. Him and J Bauchman are the old dogs that know Mopar like nobody else. Tony told me I needed to listen to everything you say, never had the honor to hear or meet you. If you've grown tired of this it's really time for me to step off.

The squeaky wheel always gets the grease.

P.S.
The b5 conv is not...repeat...not bogus - that is if any one cares.

Last edited by ebodyseast; 04/13/08 11:23 PM.