Many thanks to you and most all others for time on this topic. A few are only here to help bash me some more, the new meat - I did deserve it at first, but only so much will I tolerate, u guys will just have to understand. I can't take back what I wrote, but I'll aplogize no more. I did and still do apologize to any and all I have wrongly offended, and as a new member I have earned zero respect and most all ensuing hostile comments. I took what Dan said the wrong way and have been put in my rightful place...for now. I need to start earning some respect. Most here have quickly earned mine. Others, the night is still young here in Cali.

Some of you though are all over the place with this. You say it, but where did some of you guys get your info, decode 101...no disrespect Some seem quick to agree just to help bash the new guy. Its cool.

I've used the PFSM for my decode info and said so. So where did you guys get this knowledge? Is it something you know for fact or something you heard. Dan is correct to ask anyone with a surviving example to provide build sheet info to get to the bottom, I provided my B-cast info without hesitation.

To order a replacement cam for a 1970 383 4bbl using the factory part # you'll get a 440HP cam. To order valve springs for a 1970 383 4bbl using factory part #, again, you get 440HP valve springs delivered. These were the two main ingredients that gave birth to a legend in 1968 in the Road Runner 383 engine 335hp and new for '68 440 heads. I think hemi71 touched on something when stating every 383 in 1970 may be HP except those going into a C Body, according to his research of the FSM.

From the info provided earlier, every blue 1970 383 was 330hp. Every orange was 335hp. But, has anyone ever seen a 1970 'Cuda BS23 OR BS27 with A/C and auto with anything but an orange motor?

One way to clarify would be to find an owner with either a BH27LOB/BP27LOB/JH27LOB 4bbl car, most all here say they don't exist, or they think they don't exist, or they think they know. I still believe they do...but only if N = HP only.

Maybe the engines in 68 and 69 were 330hp/335hp, but by 1970 maybe Mopar found it easier to make them all with one cam and same 440HP springs and dropped the 330hp version altogether as in 1971 all 383's were HP 300hp lower compression...yes? That would mean no one here is correct yet. I never claimed to know for a fact, I quoted my Mopar literature directly.

Thanks for accepting my apology to those that have...