Quote:

Sorry to get maybe just a little bit off topic here, but I've been reading this thread and the others concerning '70 383 carbs with great interest, as I have wondered about this issue for quite a while as well.
I bought an original paint very nice survivor JS29N0E Challenger a couple of years ago, and after extensive examination, the only thing that had been changed on it was the carb. It had some mid '70s Ford application Carter on it.
Of course, I wanted to put the correct carb back on it, and I ran into some of the issues and questions found in this thread. Unfortunately, among all of the paperwork, and maybe just because this is an LA built car, there is no broadcast sheet to know for sure what the carb code is.
After some early research soon after getting the car, I made an assumption, since whoever replaced the original carb probably wanted something "close" to what was on it, so I went with a Carter 4734S...the "ECS" carb shown on some of the lists. But after doing more research and reading threads like this one, I'm not sure I made the correct choice.
The usual '70 383 carb lists I see have some ambiguities as far as this particular car is concerned, so I've been trying to find someone with a broadcast sheet with my option combination to totally be sure I go with the correct carb.
In my Oct. 69 built car, the untouched engine is orange, is stamped "HP", and has A/C. It is an automatic, with the 3.55 axle package and a "956" radiator.
Now, here is the part that is causing me the most grief...it also has N95..ECS.
Does anyone have a broadcast sheet for a 'Cuda or another R/T equipped like this? I'd love to know the carb code!
thanks

I think you need a holley R4218 carb, broadcast sheet code 43 - listed for 70 383 4 barrel, automitic and a/c with N95.

No, no, back the wagon up - the carb I listed above makes no mention of a/c appliaction, the only other carb on my app list is a R4369 holley, sheet code 62 and used on 383/4 with auto and a/c - but it doesn't mention N95.

Dan, what can you add to this?

Last edited by blue67440's; 04/12/08 09:49 AM.

XP29L72 A833 in 881 XP29L72 A727 in 881