This totally conflicts with the 1970 Plymouth service manual and Pymouth 1970 Parts catalogs that states all N VIN code 383's are HiPerformance 335hp and all others 2bbl & 330hp)are L code!!!!!!

Where did you get this info if you don't mind my asking, I've never seen anything like it before and it totally disagress with everything Mopar printed for their service departments to order the right replacement parts (cams, springs, etc.) Is it a 1970 dated Mopar document??

The 1970 dealer brochure never mentions the 335hp engine as optional for a 4 speed Barracuda or for any Barracuda.

Either way, thanks for at least shedding light on this topic, you may be 100% correct...it would be no wonder the autos were painted blue, if they weren't HP motors to begin with, and the 4 spds orange if they always were.

Someone mentioned once that the cam should be measured to see if it was to 1970 440HP/375hp specs and the corresponding color coded 440HP valve springs checked to their color. I don't know how to measure a cam, don't think you can. Thanks bro!!