Quote:

Quote:

The windage tray was welded to the oil pan...yes?

I seriously doubt it.The scraper you speak of is the windage tray.pt.# 2863983.The 340 tray is listed first in the parts book along with the attaching bolts.Scraper = windage tray.Separate item,not welded to the pan.

I think he talking about the sheet metal pan baffles in the sump. Did all 70 383's get that?

---------------------------------------------

I'm probably thinking oil pan sump baffles are a windage tray! Lol! I am clueless huh? Lol! Yes! I have a new in package Mopar w/tray for big block/hemi and its part #4120988 or something like that. So the original part# must have been superceded to this new # and added to my confusion.

The parts catalog mentions screw w/ washer for oil scraper is (4) required. The new tray from Mopar does not include any screws. What this must mean is the tray is secured o engine w/ these (4) screws w/washer. Yet the new w/trays from Mopar simply are attaced by the original (20) oil pan bolts/screws - that have a separate part# then the oil scraper screws. I wasn't aware the tray was attached to engine using 4 screws.

(And yet "Asteroids do not concern me Admiral." ~ Darth Vader)

Thanks forclearing this up guys:)